As water temps fall fish will begin feeding heavily.
– For Sandies they will stack up on main lake humps around 18 feet. Use slabs in chartreuse or chrome 1/2 to 1 oz.
– For hybrids same sized slabs but occasionally large sassy shads cast through the schools will yield fish in the 4 to 6 lb range.
– Crappie will also be on a steady bite, brushpiles 6 to 12 feet as well as deep shaded boat houses will hold large schools of these tasty fish.
– Small minnows and small jugs work best.
– The big blue catfish will be on the hunt as water temps fall. To catch them drift either large shade or cut shad in deep water 25 to 40 feet or if resting birds are present drift around them.
Billy Seaman, Cedar Creek Fishing Guide